keyboard connections

They have: 2 posts

Joined: May 2006

not sure if i'm in the right place here but...
I need to replace the keyboard on a six year old machine but the connections from the keyboard are round like a PS2 connector but a bit bigger.
Any ideas where I can get either a new keyboard with this older style connector or some sort of adaptor?

Greg K's picture

He has: 2,145 posts

Joined: Nov 2003

This is an AT-style connector, you can usually find a adapter that will let you plug a PS/2 keyboard into the AT socket.

Here is what you need:

You may be able to find it at local stores.


They have: 2 posts

Joined: May 2006

hi and thanks for the info.
I have managed to find an adapter through '' so hopefully this will have solved my problem.

Want to join the discussion? Create an account or log in if you already have one. Joining is fast, free and painless! We’ll even whisk you back here when you’ve finished.