Site Checking Tools/Utilities
Just wondering what all checks people do on sites they are developing before they go live. Mainly wanting a decent list for others to find so they can use.
EDIT: this has expanded to more of a list of useful tools for checking sites in general
- W3C HTML Validation - Check each design template to make sure they are coded properly
- W3C CSS Validation - Check each design template to make sure they are styled properly
- Web Page Analyzer - Check each design template for things such as server requests and page weights.
- Cynthia Says™ Web Content Accessibility Report - Check each design template for accessibility. While it is best to try to be as accessible as possible anyhow, certain sites you may work on REQUIRE to be accessible.
- seo-browser.com - See what your site looks like to the search engines. There is a drop down to see different ways different engines see them.
There is my main list, if I think of anything else I'll add them. Feel free to add your own, but lets try to keep "discussion" down and this more of a reference list for others.